Tell me about YOUR song!
In Keylight 01 you play a synthy piano sound using the keys on your computer keyboard. Try pressing YRIZD for example (and hopefully with some memory of Close Encounters of the Third Kind...).
The other one I've sunk some time into is Keylight 03, in which you drag a minimum of two balls around a 3D "room". The basics:
- The further a ball is placed away from you, the lower the pitch.
- The further apart the balls are placed, the longer the duration between the pitches playing.
- You can drag them around once placed to play with timing and pitch, and it can really become quite hypnotic.
- Dragging a ball off the side of the room will remove it.
- You can copy the URL at the end to share your creation
It's very easy to imagine a huge beat dropping in behind something you've created very simply after only a few seconds of playing around.
As an example, here's a link to my Keylight 03 quick take on the My Dying Bride track The Cry of Mankind - a random choice I know, but a great riff which came to mind as soon as I started playing with this tool.
There's no shortage of stuff to play around with on his site, check it out at hakim.se.
What riffs can you create?